Wetheral, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA4 8ES (UK)
Tel 01228 561888 · Fax 01228 561637 · Email email@example.com
From the M6 Travelling North
Leave M6 at Junction 42. At the roundabout at the top of the slip road, take the third exit, the B6263, signed Wetheral.
Stay on this road for about two miles, passing through Cumwhinton, until you reach Wetheral.
Just after the village green, turn right by the general store. Take the next left turn into the hotel car park
From the M6 Travelling South
Leave M6 at Junction 43. At the roundabout at the top of the slip road, take the A69 towards Brampton and Newcastle.
After about three quarters of a mile, turn right onto the B6263 to Wetheral. Once in the village, turn left at the village store, before the village green. Take next left into the hotel car park.
Things to see and do
If you have a whole day to explore, why not:
* Visit Hadrian's Wall and 'Vindolanda' occupied from the late 1st century AD. The site contains both a Roman Army fort and the remains of a town. Famous for it's quantities of writings on wood tablets consisting of letters from Army officers from AD90 to 125.
* Plan an activity day; there's golfing, pony trekking, cycling, indoor go-karting, guided walks and tours, or take a ride on the famous Settle to Carlisle line or the Tyne Valley Line.
Just half a day to fill? There's plenty to do in the area:
* Take a stroll around Talkin Tarn Country Park, a 65 acre lake set amid beautiful woodland and farmland.
* Have a flutter at Carlisle Races - where's there's racing every month of the year.
* Discover the City of Carlisle - full of things to do including the Lanes Shopping Centre.
A few hours to spare:
* Take a leisurely walk around the village or do a spot of fishing by the River Eden.
* Visit the Augustinian priory gatehouse and Joseph Nollekin's statue in the church.
* Relax with a pint and a sandwich in the friendly Walton's Bar downstairs in the hotel.
Discount Admission Prices
The following attractions are available at a discount for Crown residents - please ask at reception for the vouchers.
|North East & Cumbria Sites 25% OFF ENTRY|
|Mabie Farm Park Dumfries 10% OFF|
For further information on these and other local attractions, please contact reception.