Things to see and do
If you have a whole day to explore, why not:
* Visit Hadrian's Wall and 'Vindolanda' occupied from the late 1st century AD. The site contains both a Roman Army fort and the remains of a town. Famous for it's quantities of writings on wood tablets consisting of letters from Army officers from AD90 to 125.
* Plan an activity day; there's golfing, pony trekking, cycling, indoor go-karting, guided walks and tours, or take a ride on the famous Settle to Carlisle line or the Tyne Valley Line.
Just half a day to fill? There's plenty to do in the area:
* Take a stroll around Talkin Tarn Country Park, a 65 acre lake set amid beautiful woodland and farmland.
* Have a flutter at Carlisle Races - where's there's racing every month of the year.
* Discover the City of Carlisle - full of things to do including the Lanes Shopping Centre.
A few hours to spare:
* Take a leisurely walk around the village or do a spot of fishing by the River Eden.
* Visit the Augustinian priory gatehouse and Joseph Nollekin's statue in the church.
* Relax with a pint and a sandwich in the friendly Walton's Bar downstairs in the hotel.
Discount Admission Prices
The following attractions are available at a discount for Crown residents - please ask at reception for the vouchers.
|North East & Cumbria Sites 25% OFF ENTRY|
|Mabie Farm Park Dumfries 10% OFF|
For further information on these and other local attractions, please contact reception.
Visiting Wales or Chester - stay at our sister hotel, The Beaufort Park Hotel in Mold, near Chester
Friends and suppliers to the Crown
Ian McMean (artist, with paintings on show in the hotel)