Champagne and canapes in a colourful garden, a tailor made feast with your friends and family – just some of the unique features that have made our hotel on of Carlisle’s most popular wedding venues.
We have a variety of rooms that are perfect for any size of wedding celebrations, from a wedding breakfast for 20 to an evening party for 150, and all our rooms have been granted a civil (wedding) licence to host civil ceremonies by Cumbria County Council.
We have a variety of rooms, including our beautiful outdoor. Gazebo which are perfect for any size of wedding celebration and all have been granted a civil licence.
As soon as you have made the decision to have a civil ceremony at The Crown Hotel, you must contact the Registrars Office. It is important to do this as soon as possible in order to secure the date (there is a fee for the Registrar’s services, which they will advise you accordingly).
The Crown Hotel is permitted to be the venue for non religious civil ceremonies, and as such, any music, readings, words, poetry or performance which form any part of the ceremony, must be secular. Flowers for the pew ends and registration table arrangement are included in the facilities charge.
Individually designed for the small intimate wedding offering the following enhanced services on our complete wedding package:
- Canape selection served with Prosecco and strawberries, in either our beautiful gardens or privately in our lounges
- Personal consultation to compile a two choice five course meal for your wedding breakfast. This will include a sorbet course and coffee with handmade petit four
- Champagne for the toast
- A choice of covers and sashes to dress your chairs
- Floral arrangement to complement your dining table
- Sommeliers choice of wine, from our comprehensive wine list, to complement your choice of menu.
- Courtesy transport available for river photographs if required
This package is designed for a minimum of ten guests to a maximum of twenty guests and would be served privately in The McLaren Room.
The Crown offers a range of Wedding Breakfast menus to suit every budget and style of wedding. Menus in the brochure are only suggestions and we would be more than happy to discuss any preferences you have in mind. We also offer a range of drinks packages to compliment your Wedding Breakfast, but again, should you require something different then we would be delighted to assist you in putting together your own selection.
For any further information about weddings at the Crown or details of our exhibitors at our Fayre please do not hesitate to contact us on 01228 561888.